The Miramichi is home to a cluster of talented technology companies, supported by a training centre of excellence. The Miramichi Campus (New Brunswick Community College) is a recognized world-class leader in education through technology-based learning and education delivery. Our technological expertise is grounded in the region’s natural strengths, so our vision has depth and breadth, for today and tomorrow.
- The region is known for its expertise in animation, simulation, gaming, e-learning and graphic design
- World’s first Smart Showcase Community (2010)
- City of Miramichi has established a technology accelerator to support IT companies
- ICT sector is comprised of 10 businesses employing 1,025
- New Brunswick Community College provides ongoing training and produces 300-400 work-ready people per year — students have worked with Lego Group, EA and Disney Corp.
- Local National Research Council (NRC) office
- Jalloo Foundation – Active industry association network
- World-class Internet infrastructure and 100% broadband access
- McKenna Technology Fund established for qualified technology start-ups
- Competitive startup rates and tailored incentive programs
- Bilingual workforce
- Taylor Digital
- MC2 Marketing
- Atlantic Interactive Technologies (AIT)
- Jalloo Festival of Animation and Games